• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 12.1 not importing new photos from SD card

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a few photos this morning on 2 different sd cards and they will not import even tho I can see them but then after I click import nothing happens. It was working a week ago... I am still using MacOS Monterrey

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try a different card reader? Or try connecting the camera to the computer via USB cable, bypassing the card reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it seems it had "imported" but the photos are not appearing in my catalog??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you accomplished the import, did you select Copy, Copy as DNG, Move, or Add. Actually Copy as DNG not important, nor is Move. Copy vs Add is important, oh, and never ever Move (possible accidents)

If Add, then you should remember what folder those photos are in, In the LrC library, folders panel, look for that folder. The folder, not the Collections. (other tan all)

If Copy, bring up the import screen, look over on the right panel, look at what is currently listed for destination. Is it what you wanted? That entry should be as whatever was selected at your previous import. It should only change by user intervention. In the library module, in the folders panel, look at that folder.

One extra note. If that destination is not valid, say you renamed/moved/deleted a folder outside of LrC, and that altered folder is where you last imported to. LrC will not know that, and the import will fail, with or without you noticing an error message. And an old bug that may or may not have been fixed, that may or may not be an actual bug, but some odd OS issue, If that destination folder is invalid, even if you are selecting Add, the import may fail, despite Add having nothing to do, supposedly, with that destination. (no I cannot prove that with a reference)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes it is still set to Copy, destination is to where it's supposed to be( external hard drive) and when I went into my external hard drive it had a folder dated for today with the photos. Then I deleted the 01/30 folder to try and import again and LR just wasn't even showing it was importing..  ðŸ˜ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I checked again and the "imported" photos will show in my external hard drive folder but still not showing in LR 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to All Photographs. Turn on the Filter Bar using the \ key. In the Date column, go to todays date (or rather the capture date of the import). Are the files there? If so right click and use 'Go to Folder in Library'. This will reveal the actual location. Make sure all filters are off before you begin. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No files there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that happen also. I fixed it by going in and using the "Import" dialogue manually. There is some text that pops up in the center of the screen asking to use sub-directories. Once I selected that, the imports worked as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly that didn't work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go and take one new photograph.
  2. Using MACOS Finder, or Windows File Explower copy that photo to the desired folder on the desired hard drive
  3. In LrC, start an import, select Add for import type, select just that one new photo, ignore any others.
  4. Import.

What occurs?

The above steps are a method of making LrC add a folder. Doing so can be tricky if you try that from within LrC, within the folders panel.

Point of running thru the above, for you, is to first see if the above steps work, then to followup with additional steps. Such as selecting that photo, right clicking, and selecting to show folder. Also, if you right click on the photo.

hmm, one oddity that occurs from time to time is a capitalization error. This causes extra folders in the folders panel with similar names. Above experiment might reveal that. Can be especially annoying for those using date centric file structures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swap Explorer for Finder in @GoldingD's steps. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am embarrased to say you lost me at #2 lol I am tech challenged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you want to have a folder in Lightroom, you can only do so by adding a photo that's in that folder. @GoldingD is just explaining the steps to do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did create a new folder in a different section in LR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. So, you now have a new (in this case) folder in LrC that shows up in the Folders Panel?
  2. And that new photo shows up in that folder?
  3. And that folder is the same folder used in your previous import that is giving you so much pain?
  4. If so, select that photo, right click on that photo, and select Show in Finder.*
  5. Finder should come up. That folder should be selected, Contents of that folder should be visible. Do your previous imports show up in that folder
  6. In addition, if you see that new photo, either in All Photographs, or in the Previous Import (within Catalog panel) right click on the photo and select Go To Folder in Library. Do the other photos show up?

*For Windows user that would be Show in Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes previous imports show in that folder in finder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Yes previous imports show in that folder in finder"

And in Finder, do the older photos that you have had problems importing show up? In that very same folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this response deleted, not needed. now covered in previous as step 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalog- Previous Import- right Click- and nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Catalog- Previous Import- right Click- and nothing happens"

Right click on the photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait -right click on Photo and Go to folder in Libarary and no the other photos do not show 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you right click but select Show in Finder? In Finder they show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines