• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 12.2 Develop Module OS Crash with SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been fighting BSoD blue screen crashes while in LR 12.2 in Develop module.  Sometimes crashes without blue screen.  Have uninstalled/reinstalled LR Classic several times.  Ran Windows Updates, updated graphics drivers and Intel drivers.  CANNOT get any LR work done and have several deadlines.  Copy of my System Info is attached.  ADOBE...I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you run a memory test? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...no issues detected with hardware.  In fact, back in December I even replaced my 500gb SSD with a 1tb SSD and upgraded my physical RAM from 16 to 32 (the system max).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s? Microsoft’s?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS Crash/Blue Screen of death is eaither a bad/corrupted/out-of-date drive (so re-install all your drivers) or a hardware malfunction somewhere. This includes the cooling system and all other pieces of hardware. So when someone asks if you ran a memory check and you reply "Yes", its not clear if you mean you tested all hardware, or just tested the memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to review the Microsoft Event Viewer to see of that reveals anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STATUS UPDATE:  

I knew that my issue was driver conflict with LR of some sort.  BSoD was only happening while LR open.  Looked closer to the BSoD error and noticed the file name at issue was a NVIDIA driver (nvlddmkm.sys).  Determined that my NVIDIA GeForce graphics card runs with two drivers packages - Game Ready Driver package and Studio Driver package.  The "Game Ready" package was updated yesterday but I hadn't run the update for the "Studio" driver package until late last night.  Ran a stop watch while LR was open following the update and didn't experience a subsequent BSoD crash and was FINALLY able to edit client files late last night without issue.  Pray that this positive trend continues today...I am way behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Studio driver is the one you need for Lightroom. This should sort it. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same issue. How were you able to install the studio package? When I try to install it from Nvidias website it says that it is not compatable with my Windows 11.

I didn't know until now that there also was a studio package. I have ever only used the Game Ready update.

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas...I have the NVIDIA GeForce app on my laptop. I think you can get
that from the NVIDIA downloads page. Once you get it installed...go to the
Drivers tab and then look for the 3 "dots" on the far right. Click on that
and you'll see the two drive packages (see screenshot).

Alysia
[image: GeForce screenshot.jpg]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the thing I can't install the studio package on laptop when downloading it from Nvidias website.. It says that it is not compatible with my version of Windows 11. I have the newest version and everything is up to date.

It's very frustrating. This bug began 10 days ago and I'm almost ready to throw my laptop out the window!

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines