Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


LR Classic 9.1 Error: "An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error when removing rejected files from the disk within Lightroom Classic CC (latest version 9.1).

Here's what I've done so far and my tests:

  • My main catalog I rebuilt (re-created) from scratch using the latest version of LR Classic so it's not an upgraded catalog.
  • I've even created a new catalog with just one file in it (along with Smart previews and a 1:1 preview) and get the same rror.
  • I also get this error on both of my computers,. so I'm thinking it may not be specific to the install, or the catalog itself.
  • I've double checked the files and they are NOT read-only or hidden.  All users on the computer have full read/write access to the files, so there should be no limits there (they are stored on an external drive though, but that shouldn't matter).
  • I didn't have this problem in earlier versions of LR Classic CC (prior to 9.1).
  •  I'm using a Windows 10 Home PC (both computers run that version).
  • I've even removed and re-install Lightrom classic CC on both computers but still get the error.

 

So far, I haven't noticed any errors in my catalog, and when I tell LR to run the Integrity Check, it passes (no problems).  I even asked LR to find any missing files, and it doesn't find any missing files, and when verifying all previews/DNGs, that also passes without issue.  So basically no signs of corruption of any sort.

 

Any idea on this?

I've seen that this has been a problem in the past, but never found a solution as to why.  I mainly don't want to get down the road and realize that all of my LR catalog backups (which Id o on a daily basis) are corrupt and I've lost everything in terms of edits.  I have started exporting edits to XMP files just as a backup, but it's an extra step.

 

 

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

782

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019
Possibly a poorly implimented plug-in. One suspect would be Logitech Options

Likes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly a poorly implimented plug-in. One suspect would be Logitech Options

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that was it.  I don't know why this is enabled by default unless it only affects users of Logitech devices.  

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is installed when you install the Logitech support software for the mouse or keyboard

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Logitech Options, and the error did not happen again

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been receiving this same message when trying to export my finished images. I tried many of the fixes listed in these threads. However, in my case, it turned out to be the catalog that had a problem. I was able to export the images by creating a NEW CATALOG, then importing the images from the original catalog into it, to then export it. Hopefully my sharing this will help someone else. Here are the steps.

File > New Catalog > (name it) Create > the new catalog will then open...

File > Import From Another Catalog > (find original catalog) Double Click to open or click Choose > (check box) Import.
Once the images have completed the import, you may export as you normally would.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out after a while.  It was related to an add-in called "LogiTools" or "LogiOptions" or something like that, which is related to Logitech devices (kyeobards and mice).  Anyways, disabling the "Logitech Options" add-in was the cause of the problem.  Don't know why, but after disabling it (after reading another person's recommendation) the issue went away.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines