• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic both on Desktop and Laptop possible?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an Adobe account for LR Classic installed on desktop. Does my account allows me to install LR Classic and Photoshop on the laptop also? If not what are the min requiements?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can have two active installations at once. IE Laptop and Desktop. However, you can only be using one at a time and cannot share with another user.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you very much for you response. Does it mean that I have to just log in to the creativecloud.adobe.com and download both the LrC and Ps to my laptop?

jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can install the creative cloud application manager on both computers and install Lightroom Classic and Photoshop on both computers. The only limitation is that you can only have the programs running on one of those computers at any given time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim! Got it. I think that the imitation is quite understandable.

jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well spelled out here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

Activation.jpg

You can actually install the software on more than 2 computers. But only two per 'license' can be activated. And you can only use (launch) the application at one time. 

A bit more here about how often you need to log into ACC:

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/help/sign-in-out-activate-apps.ug.html

The Creative Cloud software verifies the account status on Adobe servers once a day. If the account is in good standing (that is, payment is up-to-date) when the last verification happens, the software status refreshes to run for at least 99 days offline.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/manage-apps-services-desktop.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the detailed information digital dog! This is very, very helpful.

jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caveats for users installing Lightroom-Classic "on two computers"-

-You cannot (easily) 'Share' or 'Sync' ONE Lr-Classic catalog between two Lr-Classic installations. (Separate and independent Catalogs work OK on two computers.)

- If you intend to sync photos to mobile versions of Lightroom you can only 'Sync' ONE Lr-Classic Catalog. (although you can change it- with complications!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Rob! I understand now that the catalog "Sync" is another limitation. The intention is to keep things simple, so two separate and independent catalogs is not an issue.

jacob 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can run the application on two individual computers, but they will not share the same Catalog unless the Catalog is stored on an external drive. The application is on the computers in this scenario, and the Catalog is separate.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Joseph!

The desktop is the main computer where most of the work is done. The laptop will be for occasional use only. So separate and independent Catalogs should be no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or (what I do): Catalog, previews and all photos on external drive dedicated for just that use. Swap or clone to another drive (now a backup) for both systems. Set preference for “store presets with catalog” option. They all travel with catalog and get backed up. 

One catalog is ideal.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks digitaldog!

This is an interesting solution that I have never considered. More food for thought...

I will have to decide whether this is justified for my case. Regards,

jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines