• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr Classic - Camera Updates?!?!?

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else a bit disappointed in Lr Classic right now? It STILL does not retain my 'Star/Rating' data from the Camera (D850, D500, Z6). Additionally, when I select 'Lens Correction' it cannot find the Z6 with the 24-70 f/4 kit lens...I mean, these are older cameras and they still don't have the updates for them? ...or am I missing something? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"when I select 'Lens Correction' it cannot find the Z6 with the 24-70 f/4 kit lens"

The Z 6 embeds Nikon lens profiles in the .nef files, and LR applies those profiles automatically:

johnrellis_0-1622686220869.png

There are no lens profiles provided by Adobe that you can apply to Z 6 photos, since you can't disable the built-in lens profile (by request of Nikon).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"does not retain my 'Star/Rating' data from the Camera (D850, D500, Z6)"

LR normally does import in-camera star ratings.  Two initial troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure you're not applying a metadata preset on import that clears the rating. To quickly test that, in the Import window, set Apply During Import > Metadata to None and import a photo with a rating. If the rating now imports, then you need to edit the import preset to not clear the rating.

2. With many Canons with dual cards, the in-camera star rating is applied just to the card which you used to do the in-camera rating.  I don't know if that's true with your Nikons. But if you're recording to dual cards, try importing photos from the card which you used to do the in-camera rating.

3. If steps 1 and 2 don't help, upload a sample .nef with an in-camera star rating to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here, and we can take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

" It STILL does not retain my 'Star/Rating' data from the Camera (D850, D500, Z6)." 

I found one posting on how to try and solve the problem.

If that suggested solution does not work, check where Nikon puts the Rating from the camera. It may be putting in the Maker portion of the metadata as opposed to the XMP section which may be confusing LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines