• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic CC 8.3 hangs on Slideshow video export macOS Mojave

Explorer ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.14.4 (Mojave), LR Classic CC 8.3 with a 2016 MacBook Pro, video export, which worked fine 3 days ago, now hangs at around a 10% progress bar. Waited overnight. Note that after about 10 minutes, LR stops showing CPU usage. Tried regenerating com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC.plist and also with and without using the Radeon 460. Nothing prevents the hang. Hang was also noticed with LR version 8.2.

Is there a solution to this issue?

Thanks.

John

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Never mind - resolved myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

That does not sound right, as it's not a typical Lightroom experience. Let's make it right!

Could you please answer a few questions for me? as it would be helpful for me to understand the issue more clearly.

• What video format are you exporting out of Lightroom Classic?
  • What is the size of the video?
  • Does it happen with a specific video or every video you try to export?

Please try the solution mentioned in this article to reset the preferences of Lightroom manually and let us know if it helps:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

Thanks for the quick reply. To answer your questions:

Exporting 1080p (16:9). I successfully exported the same slide show to video on 9 May. It is around 1200 pictures and is a 24 GB mp4. I made some edits and have been trying to re-export the same slide show for a couple of days now. I have not tried any other exports. I tried the preferences reset you linked and LR is still hanging. Also tried clearing the caches in Preferences. I can see the Lightroom Classic task stop consuming CPU cycles when the progress bar freezes.

What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info...

I did an export with a shorter video 63 pictures, 1 GB, and it went successfully to completion. I then retried the longer one and it hung in even less time. Before running the shorter export, the longer seemed to hang around 10% on the progress bar. After running the shorter export, it hangs sooner - I'd estimate after a few percent.

Does this give any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info, in case anyone is following this...

Tried previewing the slideshow before exporting video. I have an 8-processor Mac and heretofore, only 1 processor was engaged. After the preview and export video 1080p(16:9), 4 processors were engaged and the progress bar moved further than it had before. Unfortunately, it all stopped after around 30 min. and instead of seeing 400% ± for the Lightroom Classic task, it dropped to a few precent. And of course, the progress bar isn't moving.

Spending way too much time on something I am paying a yearly subscription for and fails to work consistently!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the information, sorry for delayed response.

Could you please try using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to do a clean re-installation of Lightroom Classic and then let us know if you're still experiencing this issue? Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran the cleaner per instructions. Seemed to complete as both LR and PS were uninstalled. Downloaded and reinstall the apps. No change - still hangs after around 10% with no CPU cycles for the Lightroom Classic app beyond a few percent. There was no log file in the root of the Mac HDD.

Problem remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have this problem. does LR have any kind of debugging/diagnostic logging facility that can be accessed to see what is going wrong here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind - resolved myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue on Dell XPS15 Windows 10 Laptop.

Can you please post how you resolved this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saw this. My slide show source included a video which heretofore was not a problem. I deleted the video from the slide show source and the slide show generation completed successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this! I had the same issue with a 717 item slideshow. Mixed Portrait and Landscape and a few videos. I did not make any of the other changes above (cleaning install, deleting preferences etc) as they seemed to not work for you. I just deselected the videos and it is exporting now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a similar issue with LR freezing when exporting a slideshow at 1080p.  I posted the following in another thread, but perhaps it will help others who find this thread:

I have found two ways to WORKAROUND the problem of LR freezing when exporting a slideshow to video at 1080p.  Both of these methods work on my Windows 10 system, but there is no guarantee they will work on other systems.  Note that my slideshow has both landscape and portrait images.

Method 1)  Assuming all of the images for the slideshow are in a collection, export the entire collection at full-size in either JPG or TIFF format, sRGB.  When doing the export, rename the output files using Sequence-Filename.  Next, import these new files back into LR, create a collection of these files and make the slideshow using these files.  Exporting as video at 1080p should work fine.  (The order of the images will match the original slideshow because of using Sequence-Filename when creating the new images.)

Method 2) Assuming all of the images for the slideshow are in a collection, export the collection as a new catalog.  Select the collection, then File > Export As Catalog, checking Export Negative files and Include Available Previews.  Open this new catalog and create the slideshow.  Exporting as video at 1080p should work fine.

On my system, LR crashed intermittently when adding an .MP4 music file to the slideshow.  In Preferences > Performance, turning off Use Graphics Processor allowed me to add the music without the crash.  After the music was added, I could re-enable Use Graphics Processor, but I'm not sure it made anything go faster.  (That's just my system which is a few years old.)

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was super helpful! Thank you John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines