• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic CC, I would like to see Adobe add in a Computer resource usage control slider.

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean is.

If you have completed processing through images in LR CC Classic, and now you want to export those and carry on processing another batch. You can not do this.
Adobe has now made LR CC Classic  use full resource of your multi threaded CPU but without allowing the user to customize  this resource to your discretion.
So have a slider from say 40-60-80-100% USAGE.
Same with the Ram/Memrory
I don't necessary want LR CC Classic using all my ram on one application. Like Photoshop you can set the amount you want it to use.
Why is this feature not in LR CC Classic.
I know that Lightroom CC Classic is a batch processing images factory application. But please allow the users that are using it and paying lots of money for it to have more customization in the way it uses their computers resources.

It does not help when now that images are exporting they can no longer really use their pc/mac for anything else because it has been absolutely bottlenecked by LR CC Classic.

Lastly GPU Optimization has absolutely no affect or performance boost on exporting, or rendering out metadata thumbnail previews.
The application lacks the necessary attention to make it a really good application.
Dev's sort these out please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for your feature request, feel free to post your request there or support a similar request: New Photoshop Feedback/Feature Request Site . (Checking that site it seams that you've done that! LR Classic CC, I would like to see Adobe add in a Computer resource usage control slider. | Photosho... )

GPU use is very limited. It is recommended only for high resolution screens, meaning that it is probably only used for interactive features.

Discussion successfully moved from Embark on Photography to Lightroom Classic — The desktop-focused app

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since stopped using LR CC all together and moved over to using Capture ONE. As it actually works much faster and better. I will no longer support LR CC. Its the most buggy resource hungry application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome to use whatever program fits your needs. Good luck.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines