LR Classic crashes daily. Would I have better luck with Lightroom CC?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an 11 year old iMak with 12GB RAM and a 1 TB HD. Over the past few months Lightroom Classic rpoutinely freezes, crashes or simply locks up my computer requiring a hard restart. That results in a very long restart which always requires a download and install of a new Creative Cloud app, because the old one gets "damaged." Very fristrating, and severely hurting my ability to do my work.

I have a new iMc on order. It will be one of 24" silicon models, but it won't be delivered until late July. I cannot fo for a month or more without being able to work. I'm wondering what it takes to switch to the Cloud-based version of LR, and if there is a good chance that would improve my performance by removing the app and catalogue from my HD.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have an 11 year old iMac, that's most likely the real problem, and who knows if switch to some other software will work? The only way to know is to try it and find out.

Over the past few months Lightroom Classic rpoutinely freezes, crashes or simply locks up my computer requiring a hard restart.

This is almost always a hardware malfunction, or a bad/out-of-date/corrupt driver. You really should run diagnostics on your hardware to check for problems, and update drivers.

Please know that Lightroom does not have many features that are in Lightroom Classic, that may also hurt your ability to do work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines