• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic Crashes on 27" iMac

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After viewing serveral images LR Classic (12.2.1) crashes on my 2020 iMac (Ventura 13.3). Sometimes it is a frozen screen that doesn't resolve itself, othertimes the iMac does a complete reboot on its own. I have run in safe mode and continue to have the issue. I have reinstalled my Mac OS. Also, I have used the disc utility to check my drives, which are OK. (Internal 1TB SSD, External for images 10TB). I have tried disabling the graphics processor and the issue persists. I do not have the issue with other image software. I have fallen back on using Nikon's NX Studio where I can move through images quickly with no issues. Both the Mac OS and LR Classic have updated since the problem began several weeks ago; I was hoping updates would resolve things, but it has not. The computer worked fine with LR Classic for many months with no issues; this began several weeks ago and has been getting incresingly worse. Sometimes I view and classify half a dozen images in Library other times perhaps 30 before the screen freezes, the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive and I must do a restart. I am frustrated and out of ideas; any help solving this would be appreciated. (At the top of the crash message is: macOS watchdog detected, if that helps solve this.) Thank you for taking time to read and consider this issue.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the bug:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-lrc-12-2-1-fails-to-start-launch-or-is-extre...

• Note that this can be for both Windows and MAC
  • Note that this can be for both LrC will not start or is very slow all of a sudden
  • Note that the possible bug is under investigation
  • Note that Adobe states the possible solution attempted is not damaging

Posting basically recommends deleting or moving a specific CACH file named “metrics.json”

This file is located at:

Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/metrics.json
Win: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\metrics.

This file appears to be created if you have not opted out at Adobe.com from the Desktop App Usage . This can be changed by in the LR menu, select Help > Manage My Account, then go to Edit Profile > Privacy And Personal Data, and disable the option Desktop App Usage > Share Information On How I Use Adobe Desktop Apps.

For MACOS users, this file is by default hidden. One way around that as follows:

Restart your computer (to ensure LR isn't running, hidden).

In Finder, do the menu command Go > Go To Folder:

GoldingD_0-1680229445034.png

then in this dialog screen:

GoldingD_1-1680229445034.png

type in:

~/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom

GoldingD_2-1680229445034.png

hit the return key, and you should see something like:

GoldingD_3-1680229445034.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR works better but still crashes

I followed your instuctions to delete the hidden cache file and change my profile preferencres with Adobe. I actually deleted the cache file twice, once before opening LR, and again after opening LR, changing my profile preferences; then after closing LR i checked and the file had been placed again in the hidden folder--so I deleted it a second time. LR now runs longer without crashing, but after a few minues the fan runs hard in the iMac and the screen freezes a few seconds later. In a couple of minutes the system reboots with a message that the iMac shut down becasue of a problem. This has happened consistently everytime I have opened LR Classic since removing the cache file. Do you have any further suggestions? (BTW, I tried resetting my LR preferences before posting to the community. All other programs are working just fine on the iMac.)

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR works better but still crashes

I followed your instuctions to delete the hidden cache file and change my profile preferencres with Adobe. I actually deleted the cache file twice, once before opening LR, and again after opening LR, changing my profile preferences; then after closing LR i checked and the file had been placed again in the hidden folder--so I deleted it a second time. LR now runs longer without crashing, but after a few minues the fan runs hard in the iMac and the screen freezes a few seconds later. In a couple of minutes the system reboots with a message that the iMac shut down becasue of a problem. This has happened consistently everytime I have opened LR Classic since removing the cache file. Do you have any further suggestions? (BTW, I tried resetting my LR preferences before posting to the community. All other programs are working just fine on the iMac.)

Thank you.

By @JRT9

Call/contact Adobe. And share with us what they find.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-do-i-talk-to-someone-in-adobe-support/td-p/90...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines