Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic + Face ID : how to move taggued photos

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have 1.000 photos which I taggued with the names of the right persons.

Now I would like to wheather move or duplicate each series of photos of a person to a folder of her name so that I will end with dozens of folders and no more bulk photo, but I mean a real folders that I can use in the folder manager, not virtual folders or collection usable only in Lightroom ...

Could you please tell me how to do so, please ?

Thank you very much.

Nice day to all.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that "real folders" by person's name is a superior choice to having keywords. In fact, I think there are disadvantages, specifically a lot of manual work will be required (and don't make a mistake). Another disadvantage is that I never think it is a good idea to create folder organization once the photos are imported into LrC, you are working against the design of LrC and this leads to inefficiency and possible frustration.

I'm not aware of an easy or automated way to create these folders by keyword. You would have to do this one keyword at a time.

What is the potential usage of these photos once they are in the folders outside of Lightroom Classic? Perhaps if we knew that we could suggest a better way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx for your answer, @dj_paige Exactly, I have created folders manually but I cannot find the way to move or duplicate the images into them ...

My point is to use ID recognition in LRclassic on my desk computer because I cannot find the way to upload my images on the cloud via my iPad (it is very very very slow ....)

Once ID is done, I would import my images (in their folders) on my iPad so that I can retouch them wherever I am without being stuck at home on my desk computer.

Anyway, sooner or later, I'll have to organize these images by folder and by name when I will deliver the jpg and upload them to the server of my client ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines