• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic images with question mark disappear from LR on pc.

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had problems with drive on my NAS Synology drive.  It has been replaced and redone and now when I go into LR Classic all my folders and images have question marks.  Normally you would click on question mark to find lost image and then when it finds it the question mark disappears as it is linked with your explorer files.

I went into a few images and clicked on question mark, it found image and I clicked ok and then the images disappeared out of LR.  They are still in explorer.  Why is this happening now and what can I do to fix this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

The images didn't disappear. In fact, this is a sign of successful reconnection. They are now in a different folder, wherever the folder is that the original is located. Look for them in Lightroom Classic in the new forlder where the original is located.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Missing Photographs selected in the catalog panel, images will disappear from view once you re-link them, because they are no longer missing.

Could that be the issue?

image_2021-11-16_093214.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The images didn't disappear. In fact, this is a sign of successful reconnection. They are now in a different folder, wherever the folder is that the original is located. Look for them in Lightroom Classic in the new forlder where the original is located.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines