• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr Classic Keywording

Participant ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been happily keywording for years but have suddenly become unable to add NEW keywords to  highlighted images (either single or multiple images, and in grid view). Can anyone please offer any explanation of what I might have done, or undone.

Also: I particularly want to create a new heirarchy as follows- PHOTOGRAPHY>Macro,Light table, landscapes,etc. The foregoing problem is preventing me doing this.

I CAN use my existing keywords and heirachies as normal. I am just unable to add new keywords. 

I use windows 10. I have about 600 keywords at present. Both Widows and Lr Classic are updated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

I have been happily keywording for years but have suddenly become unable to add NEW keywords to highlighted images (either single or multiple images, and in grid view).

Explain the steps you follow to add new keywords (in detail, step-by-step, leaving nothing out); and explain in detail what happens that leads you to say "unable to add NEW keywords".

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do the menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the contents here. That will confirm whether you're tripping over a known bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responding. I think I now have sorted the problem out.

Best wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been happily keywording for years but have suddenly become unable to add NEW keywords to highlighted images (either single or multiple images, and in grid view).

Explain the steps you follow to add new keywords (in detail, step-by-step, leaving nothing out); and explain in detail what happens that leads you to say "unable to add NEW keywords".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. I think I have now got it sorted out. The problem seems to have been caused some time ago,partly when trying to organise my keywords into heirarchies and getting the same keyword (sometimes misspelt or in both capitals and lower case) in different places. Perhaps Lr just didn't know where to put new entries and so just stopped. Anyway,after a lot of cleaning up I now seem OK. 

Best wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines