Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic not Showing Sync Squiggle symbol

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone 

I have a silly issue.  My desktop is working correctly - to the left of a collection I have a little box I can select to sync a collection.  My Laptop does NOT have this box or the squiggle symbol and I cant sync from there. The Laptop does show the synced cllections from the desktop, I just dont have the option to create them on the laptop.

Both computers are running LRC  v11.2.

Appreciate the help with this.

Bob

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, you can only Sync collection contents from one stated and definitive Lr Classic Catalog, to the cloud storage of that Adobe account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

richard is correct. Your adobe account can only be synced from a single catalog file. You can sync it from multiple clients, as long as it is the same catalog. You can accomplish that for example by putting your catalog on an external SSD/hard drive and using that on both computers. You cannot sync from multiple catalogs. The way people usually work multiple computers is to use Lightroom Desktop (the cloud-based version) on the extra laptop. 

Also you should know that when you sync from Classic, it can only upload low resolution previews. Those are fairly good for working with but much lower resolution than the originals. Adobe apparently has (wrongly IMO) decided to not enable full raw upload from Classic: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-should-be-able-to-sync-full-raw-files-to-th...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines