• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic not syncing anmore, just leaving me a note to sync manually?

Enthusiast ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update I have some syncing troubles.

I made same raw file edits with LR Mobile Android later in LR Classic it did'nt load the changes, but instead on every photo a small symbol appeared (in the upper right of the thumbnail). Telling me "hey there is new stuff on the web, you can click here to update", not really in the mood for doing that for every single of the 800 photos manually, I selected them all went the "Metadata" and "save metadata to file". But this has always workd on its own in my opionion.

Then second case, this time starting in LR Classic, I added some location data to some synced photos. Atfer I was done they also got those small symbols (in the upper right) basicly telling me "there is new data that has to be synced" And I'm just thinkin "yea, should up and just do it!".

What am I mssing?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For lightroom classic - Is "enanble Auto sync" checked under the metadata menu at the top of your screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thats active and greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I select multiple photos its not greyed out, but active nonetheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to teh Edit menu > Preferences... Then select the Lightroom sync tab. Do you have any errors or issues in your sync activity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 3 tiff files with whatever problem (no idea) and a file LR Web tells me should be on my phone but is long deleted.

But thats nothing new and never caused any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos itself still sycn fine, its just a problem with changes I made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment I'm getting that "metadata needs to be updated" down arrow symbol for evey change I make. Why is LR not doing that on its own anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are seeing errors, you may want to try to rebuild your sync data. If you go back to the Lightroom sync tab in the preferences folder, hold the alt(windows) or option(mac) to get the rebuild sync data button to appear. click it to rebuild that sync data. It may take a while to rebuild if you have a larger photo library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't chang anything excpet that I now have to redowload thousands of "locally stored" photos on my mobile devices, which is a pain since LR Android can only do this when the screen in on, long known bug, never fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be aware that with the release of Lightroom Classic 11 there are some significant new features and modifications. One is that you require at least version 10.4 to sync to the Adobe Creative Cloud.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-11-0/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines