• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic on Mac OS 10.14 stuck in full screen mode

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get out of full screen mode and resize the LR window so it takes up only part of the screen.

If I move the cursor to the top, the normal menu bar (Apple Lightroom File .... ) appears, but it does not have the red / green normal buttons for resizing the window.

Meanwhile, Window > Screen Mode shows "Normal" checked.

Escape key, restart of LR, or even reboot do not change a thing. I had the same problem with an earlier version of LR. Upon upgrading to the latest version, the problem was fixed for a while, but it reappeared again. I am running LR Classic 8.2 on Mac OS 10.14. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Hi qtluong,

Sorry that you cannot get out the Full screen mode in Lightroom Classic CC.

I'd recommend that you restore Lightroom app preferences to default as mentioned in this article How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi qtluong,

Sorry that you cannot get out the Full screen mode in Lightroom Classic CC.

I'd recommend that you restore Lightroom app preferences to default as mentioned in this article How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, thank you. Others have said that Adobe says this is a bug, affecting only mac os.

vinsolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would have been a trap for me, not solving my problem and destroying my customization,  The correct answer was: Cmd+Opt+F keyboard combo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!!!!!  You SAVED me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a Mac user, never have been, never will be. Have you tried using Cmd+Opt+F keyboard combination to see It will restore the screen to your liking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but does not help.

vinsolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thabks. No help. Sorry about your not using mac (ha ha).

vinsolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helped me too!! thanks, now the question is how to remember this in the fiture :)))))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmd+Opt+F keyboard combo -- worked like a champ.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are TWO screen mode settings in the Window menu on my Mac 10.14.4.   Try the one below Zoom All.  The screen modes menu items seem to operate independently.  I never use full screen but just noticed this.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 10.30.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

The menu item below 'Zoom All' alternates between Exit and Enter Full Screen. It's used to toggle between the two modes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am well aware of that Ian Lyons but this menu item operates independently from the other "Screen Mode" in Lightroom and my suggestion may solve the issue.  Notice one menu say "Enter Full Screen" and the other says you are already in "Full Screen".   Command-Option-F gets you out of the bottom one but does not get you out of the top one.   Its either a bug or the top one is an APPLE system command and the bottom one is a Lightroom command.  I never use screen mode but did this to see what the OP's issue was.   I was surprised to see these to menu items and even more surprised to find out they worked differently.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 11.15.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bob+Somrak  wrote

There are TWO screen mode settings in the Window menu on my Mac 10.14.4.   Try the one below Zoom All.  The screen modes menu items seem to operate independently.  I never use full screen but just noticed this.

That's because there's macOS standard full screen mode, and Lightroom full screen modes. I believe Lightroom had its full screen mode first, and then Apple added full screen mode to macOS. Now that both Lightroom and macOS have a full screen mode, the commands for both appear in Lightroom, and it may not be clear to many users which commands apply to which full screen mode. (Other Adobe applications solve this by not supporting macOS full screen mode at all.)

The Window > Exit Full Screen command might only appear in Lightroom in 10.14, because I don't see it in 10.13; I'm not sure why that is. In 10.13, the only way out of Mac full screen mode in Lightroom is to reveal the green button and click it. The Mac standard is to put the Exit Full Screen command at the bottom of the View menu, but Lightroom doesn't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the extra info Conrad C​    I never use full screen either in Lightroom or the Mac in general so was just trying to solve this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below screenshot may help understanding of how Adobe and Apple full screen modes are differentiated. It might also give an indication of why it can be so problematic to get out of full screen mode, and why the menu item I mentioned above might not always be visible.

Personally, I detest both approaches, but suspect I'm a minority.

screen mode.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never saw this option in my installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian Lyons​ ,  for my info could you explain why the menu item is sometimes not available as you indicated in post #8 or is this a glitch.   Thanks in advance for the extra info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

I never saw this option in my installation.

Are you running 10.14.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure. System report says "macOS 10.14 (18A391)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are 3 updates behind!!!!

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 11.47.00 AM.png

Update Mac OS and see if the menu shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob! This fixed it. Lightroom Classic update 11.4.1, just started giving me the full screen mode problem which happens to Mac OS. 

I had the same exact problem a couple of years ago. Only back then there wasn't a Window option to fix we had to wait on the bug fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines