• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic Performance with two 4K Monitors

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Lightroom Classic enthusiast and have been using it for a few years, and I am familiar with the various techniques for improving LRC performance. (I am a software engineer by trade.) Since I added a 2nd 4K monitor to my system, local adjustments (e.g., spot removal) are not usable. The infamous beach ball would appear twice after each spot removal before I could do anything next. The 2nd 4K monitor is set in the Loupe mode in LRC's 2nd monitor.

Both V10.1 and V10.1.1 are very sluggish when I use the 2nd monitor. LRC is okay if I use it with just one monitor. V9.4 is slightly better but still unusable with two 4K monitors. I have contacted Adobe support a couple of times and went through various tuning/reset with them too. But their support could not improve anything.

I have a Mac Pro 6,1 with upgraded 10-core CPU, 64GB RAM, 2TB Samsung SSD, and twin D300 graphic cards. Its Geekbench 5 single-core, multi-core and Metal scores are 810/7300/22000. It is a bit old but still powerful IMO. I have been thinking to get the new M1 Mac Mini. But I don't think it would improve the performance based on its Geekbench 5 scores.

If you have a similar dual 4K setup, what is your experience with LR Classic? If you also have a M1 Mac Mini, do you still get beach balls?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Secondary' window isn't accelerated by the graphics processor. See link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. But the major lagging is with the first monitor. For example, if I use spot removal tool in the main monitor, the beach ball would occur twice before I could do anything next. This is not usable IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines