• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR classic shows only grey squares

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new MacBook (Version 2020), running Big Sur 11.4 and the latest version of LR classic 10.3. With my latest external hard drive everything works fine, but when I plug in my "older" drive - with photos 2020-2021 - it only shows grey rectangles (both are LACIE). I tried everything I could find on google - change the colour profile, delete the previews, optimize the katalog. But nothing really works. And yes, restarted LR, reinstalled LR, turned my MacBook on and off.

thank you already! 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-17 um 08.24.30.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only idea that I have at the moment is that the external drive isn't connected under the same name as it was connected when you import the picture. But normally in this case an excalmation mark is shown on all thumbnails. But check if it's connected with the same name.

Do you work with smart previews? 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you view an image in the Develop module? Does the image appear?

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The three dots in the upper-right corners of the thumbnails indicate that LR is still generating previews for them. It may be that access to the drive from the new Macbook is very slow for some reason, or it may be the preview generation is permanently stuck.  Troubleshooting steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Make sure you follow the precise directions here for deleting the previews:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gives-error-preview-cache.html 

2. After restarting LR, select one of the thumbnails and do Library > Previews > Build Standard-Sized Previews. If the preview doesn't appear, then something is seriously stuck.  If it does appear, then select ten more thumbnails and build previews for them. Then select a larger number. 

3 Make a test catalog and import 50 - 100 photos from the external drive. Do previews build for that test catalog?  If not, that points to a problem with the Macbook accessing the drive. If so, that suggests a problem with the catalog (see step 1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines