• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic speed problems after computer upgrade

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple months ago I needed a new computer and elected to have a computer custom built for me at Microcenter. I requested that it be optimized for use with LR and PS. The result was a very fast, powerful computer. 

The change in speed for PS and Topaz Noise AI was dramatic. I have been primarily a LR user and I'm now looking forward to using PS more. 

On the other hand, LR has been a big disappointment. I've called customer support 3 times, the last being today. I know that everyone is excited about the new functions in LR, but I'm concerned about the ability to handle basic functions fast and efficiently!!!  I'm seeing way too much of that little circle going round and round (the buffer??)!!!!

Could this be due to the fact I bought an AMD Ryzen processor and not Intel????

Is it time to start looking at other programs to handle my RAW images especially since I am considering purchasing a new 61mp camera?????

Thanks for your input!!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a first step, please do the menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire output here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be due to the fact I bought an AMD Ryzen processor and not Intel????

No

A guess -- you got a much larger monitor on the new computer. Anyway, as state by @johnrellis we need to full specs of your computer. You also need to be very specific about what is slow. Provide details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There

Have you managed to sort this issue out? im having lightroom issues as well with a £3k custom rig i have built!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Zoom5C7E 

Please do not discuss your problem here in this thread, the discussion will get easily confused. Please create a new thread and describe your problem in detail. (I will not discuss your problem further in this thread, but I will be happy to help if I can in a new thread)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes no problem i have already created a new thread thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines