Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic synced albums distorted again in web browser

Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic Version 11.3.1.

LR Classic synced albums are badly distorted again in web browser.   I had this problem a while ago and it seemed to clear up.  I now have some synced albums that are displaying properly.  When this first appeared Adobe said it was because I was syncing photos edited in PS.  But now all photos recently synced even directly out of camera (RAW) are distorted.  See sample attached image.  All photos in this album look like this.  Even if I convert to jpg first they are still distorted.  Am I doing something wrong?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Have you inadvertently set the metadata field either by direct action or metadata preset to Equirectangular? 

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 2.15.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using to view the album? I'm wondering if it is a browser issue and not Lightroom. I can't view your album because it is private.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is making no sense at all that you are not seeing the distortion.  I tried 3 different browsers on three different computers and they all show the distortion.  Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge.    I deleted all my synced photos and started fresh.  Here are the links and also screenshots of what I am seeing.  The grid view of the photos are NOT distorted only when I open the photos in full screen.  These were captured in Firefox but Chrome and Edge look the same.  The top photo is grid view the bottom full view.

After deleting all my synced photos I resynced the recent photos (UTV) and an older album I created several months ago.  Only all my recent photos are exhibiting this issue.  The album from several months ago all look fine so I don't see how it could be my browser.  Also the photos look fine once I upload them to Adobe Portfolio.  I will try to see if I can find a way to share a link with the raw files but I don't think that is the issue.  I think it is something when I sync the photos from LR Classic to the cloud.

Thanks to everyone for your help

R5 Full Raw: https://adobe.ly/3HrvCJe

5DM4: https://adobe.ly/3QnoIsq

Grid viewGrid viewFull screenFull screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I now see them distorted on Safari. ODD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported your images into my LrC catalog without using any develop or copyright presets. Then I synced them to Lightroom. Here is the link https://adobe.ly/3tCAeq2. They are not distorted.

Try removing all develop settings from the images and see if it fixes the problem on your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the 3D distortion now in both Safari and Chrome. Lightroom thinks your images are 3D which is pretty cool, but not what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK why would it think that?  Is there a setting?  I never use 3D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I meant 360˚ panorama not 3D. I did a google search to see what I could find about Lightroom and 360˚ images and didn't find anything useful. It's very curious this is happening to your images. I don't know of any setting to cause it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you inadvertently set the metadata field either by direct action or metadata preset to Equirectangular? 

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 2.15.01 PM.png

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know about the projection metadata, so I just learned something. Thanks @Rikk Flohr: Photography Rikk. I changed one of Chuck's images to Equirectangular and it did not distort the preview on the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was released in 9.3

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that is it.  I have no idea what it is or how it got set but it was set.  Now I am trying to figure out how to get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  What a mess.  That took two days and many helpers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow I had an import preset with this enabled.  It was a total mistake.  I have it removed now.  Sorry to waste everyone's time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't waste our time. Most of us learned something from this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's exactly what I wanted to check & why I kept asking for the image files.

• The raw files provided do not appear to have the equirectangular tag set.
  • Synching those raws with no changes resulted in the expected/desired behavior.   In other words, the images looked normal on the web.
  • Setting the Projection field to Equirectangular in LrC and resyncing caused the images to be displayed in the 360 viewer and appear "distorted".

@cpgilles - Check the value Rikk showed in his screenshot.  If it's set to Equirectangular, try changing it to None.  If you find that field is set on multiple images, I'd suspect you're applying that setting in a preset on import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing this same behavior in my images across various browsers even after trying the projection option as a solution.  LrC 12.3.  Working with Sony raw files.  By mistake I had the camera (a7iii) set to internally crop the native 3:2 aspect ratio to 16:9.  In LrC I corrected/reset the crop of one and then synced settings across all images in the collection to fix.  Not sure if this is in some way causing the issue.  Not happening with synced images from other collections. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - i seem to have the same problem (i've posted here on Adobe):  but the @Rikk Flohr: Photography  fix doesn't apply to my situation - or at least my options are not similar and I'm not sure if/how i can apply it. What should i look for in my file info to know what to apply? 

Distortion with synched CR3 files that aren't custom cropped_metadata options.pngDistortion with synched CR3 files that aren't custom cropped_metadata.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was never solved for me either (from April 2023) and has still been showing up.  No one has provided a solution unfortunately.  I've tried the recommended fixes too and shared my files for review but it hasn't helped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the Metadata panel with Default selected click on Customize and show Projection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Bob Somrak , I managed to show the Projection and change it. Unfortunately it did not fix the issue - it still looks stretched on the online version of the album/collection. 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Arianne B Mouette 

Did you update the online album?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob Somrak : by "update" you mean make sure to give it enough time to synch? If so, yes (and closed and opend the browser to reload the page)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still distorting for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines