• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic Syncing Question

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to complete syncing my images in LR. It has been trying to sync 96 images with no success. I went into the sync tab in prefereces to see if it lists

any images being synced. It shows that it is sycing them (or trying). With further investigation, I see that the folder from which it is trying to sync from is most likely no longer on this PC. When I click on "choose folder", I'm not finding it. So, I guess my quesiton is, what do I do now? Can I create a new folder? I tried that, and a message box pops up that says, "Download location has been updated. Do you want to move the previousely downloaded files to the new location?" Do I want to do that? I'm so araid of messing something up. I had a heck of a time moving my catalog to my new computer! I love LR, but some things are soooo confusing (and terrifying!)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK so you are on a 'new' PC computer.

Did you 'Move' all the photo folders to the new computer along with the Catalog (nnnn.LRCAT file)?

Search for a Missing Folder or Photos is not automatic- You need to know where your photo files are and re-link them. See these instructions-

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

or

MISSING FILES AND FOLDERS-(Computer Darkroom)

Only when you can re-link all the files to the Catalog, so as not to be "Missing", then you can-

1) Add selected files to a Standard Collection

2) Mark the Collection to Sync

3) Turn on Sync on the top menu CLoud icon.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines