Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic syncing

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have about 17,000 photos on Lightroom Classic and I am trying to get them to sync so that I may view them on my iPad. I am on a Macbook Pro and it just seems like it synce about 1900 images and then just runs around in circles for days with nothing happening. I looked at sync online and it says sync for file XXX has not finishined. Open LR  to continue sncing. LR is open and it says it syncing but thsi is for days. Any ideas? I am not a commerical photog nor a LR expert but am comfortable with computers. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post some additional info. See the screen capture for the forum guidelines.

Also, explain the procedure you are following e.g. have you added the images you wish to sync into Collections and set the Collections to sync. There are file types that may hang the syncing process like video files.

Forum-guidelines.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the response. I tried messingw ith it somemore and the impression I get is that the photos I wnated synced had to be in a collection so I creayted a collection with them in it and it does seem to be syncing most of the photos. Its still running. I thought it would just synce what was already in my folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LrC will NOT just sync images that are already in your folders. LrC only synchronizes collections that are marked to be synchronized. They cannot be smart collections. And you can only synchronize collections from one catalog. The collections that are synchronized can be made up of images from many different folders. But only the collections will be synchronized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone. Thousand of people are in the same position. I have no explanation of this weird behavior. Adobe does not provide any solution for years now.

Goodluck for you. No hope to get a solution from Adobe.

Best Regards
Éric Pecquerie
Sent from Eric's IPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines