• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic taking forever to import

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the update for LR Classic, importing images is taking forever!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define forever. How many images, how long? What exact version? What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim. I'm sure I am exaggerating, but I never got the spinning beach ball of death on import until today. Mac OS High Sierra. Version 10.13.6 Adobe LR Classic CC 7.4 Release Camera Raw 10.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know nothing about the Mac. Did this just started happening? Have you tried disabling the graphics processor in the Lightroom preferences? If so, did that make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the app - fixed it! Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you 're importing images, what does the progress bar in the top left corner of your screen look like? Is it moving showing progress?

Also, are you just importing or converting to DNG at the same time? How big are your files?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the app - fixed it! Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it's working for you now 

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My imports are taking way longer than they should.  These are medium-sized canon raw files, about 18 MB each, importing from a fast UDMA 100x compact Flash card on a fast usb3 reader, into an external drive that is a thunderbolt raid 0 dual SDD.  It's 4 TB in size and has 2.78 TB available.  It should be blazing fast.  The slowdown appears to be with Lightroom.  Lightroom catalog and raw cache folder is on my internal 1 TB SSD which has 280 GB of space left on it.     Imports are taking over 20 seconds per image. 

Lightroom shows copy and import progress bar, but it's taking a very long time per image.  Some images are taking over 30 seconds.  I just looked on the drive where the images are being imported.  They are already there.  They have been there over 20 minutes.  Out of 845 images, Lightroom has currently imported 585 of them.  Imports fast at first, as in several per second, the usual speed, then slows down to a crawl at around 450 images.     I am using Lightroom Classic V 11.2  Mac Monteray 12.3.1.  iMac Retina 5K 2019.  .... now lightroom is unresponsive and has the spinning beachball... meaning I have to force quit.  Atttached is crash report. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom created a new crash report upon restart.  Is seems somewhat differnet than the crash report that happens upon force quit.  See attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upon restart all images are all there, already imported.  So lightroom hung at around image 585 after it had slowed to a crawl for about 20 minutes, but in the background the images were apparently already imported in the catalog.  Would love to know what is causing LR to slow and then hang on imports.  Maybe someone can tell from the crash reports?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Should add:

Current performance setttings in LR:  Use graphics processor: Off.   (I have an AMD Radeon Pro Vega 48 graphics card, but was getting some system kernal panics so I had turned it off to see if my card was causing it.)

Camera Raw Cache Maximum size: 100 GB.

Catalog recently optimized.

Grenerate Previews in Parallel is selected.

Please let me know if I should change any setttings to avoid lightroom hang on imports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines