Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

I was in a remote location on an island with no internet or mobile phone service for 5 weeks. I manly do unerwater photoghraphy of a sail catermeran. What happened to me was not good, my LR Classic program after two weeks came up with a lock out saying that because LR coundn't verify the user  I have been locked out. I am not the most tech savy person out their but I mostly manage to get by, but this was a problem I coudnt solve.

I still dont understand the way subscription to these programs work, I subscribe to photoshop, LR on the cloud and LR Classic. I need to make certain this doesnt happen again, I am hoping I can rely on LR Classic to operate of the internet and on the computers hard drive.

Can someone explain how this works and what I need to do to make certain I have a program on my hard drive that I can use without he internet.

Cheers Paul

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you pay your subscription monthly, it must be verified approximately every 30 days, if you pay monthly. That is probably what happened to you, the time for verification happened and the verification can't be done without internet connection.

If you pay annually, the verification is (I think) once every 99 days, so its less likely to happen while you are away for 5 weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably ran afoul of the monthly subscription authentication. A couple points

The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App (ACCDA) is used to, among other things::

• Install the various applications included in the plan you subscribe to
  • Update/Upgrade the applications
  • Authenticate your subscription, Check your subscription is paid for
  • Activate the applications on your computer if authenticated
  • Deactivate the applications if authentication fails
  • Install Adobe provided plug-ins, etc.

Now note that when you bring up ACCDA and sign in, authentication is checked.

Also, if you sign out of ACCDA the applications get deactivated. This is by design. So do not sign out in normal conditions. You will need the Internet to sign in, you do not need the Internet to sign out. Once you are signed in, you do not need the Internet UNTILL the ACCDA needs to authenticate.

One technique some use before going on a long trip that might not allow for Internet access, is to purposely sign out then sign in, thereby forcing an authentication.

Now as to hiw often authentication takes place and as to grace periods. Read:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines