Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR duplicates pictures while importing

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community!

Recently I encountered a very strange problem. I'm currently running LrC 10.3 on a 16" 2019 mpb and OSX 11.2.3
Every time I import pictures via my cardreader Lr duplicates every picture. I checked on the card, there the pictures are "1.cr2, 2.cr2, 3.cr2" and so on. But Lr imports every picture twice, so I have "1.cr2, 1-1.cr2, 2.cr2, 2-1.cr2, 3.cr2. 3-1.cr2" and so on.

I am using the integrated cardreader of my USB-C Dongle that also connects my externam monitor and other peripherals like my wacom etc. but the problem also occures using other cardreaders.

It's really tiresome to always have to delete these duplicates. (No, I'm not doing it one by one, but still...)

Any hints on this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Inquiry.

When you import, your source, are you looking under files as opposed to device?

Might be an underlying bug. In that link I just gave (and will repeat) On the last page, that is mentioned (fourth from last)

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-import-is-now-importing-duplicates/5f5f46284b561a3d4276e656?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and they are all in the same folder, so it's not some sort of backup I think...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In camera, do you have multiple frames named the same way? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas:

1. Reset LrC preferences

2. Create new catalog. See if the same thing happens.

I have the same machine and recently imported thousands of Nikon .nefs without that issue.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made sure that the Make a Second Copy option is not checked? -see screen capture-

warmly/j

2021-07-30_07-27-54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring up LrC, double check what version is running.

apparently, pre v10.0 a bug existed that sounds just like what you are experiencing.

see:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-import-is-now-impor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inquiry.

When you import, your source, are you looking under files as opposed to device?

Might be an underlying bug. In that link I just gave (and will repeat) On the last page, that is mentioned (fourth from last)

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-import-is-now-impor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the files option instead of the device option solved the problem.
Never even gave that a thought... Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, gleaming through:

What camera? Does it have dual cards? And are you importing via a USB cable? As opposed to card reader.

Also on last page, about 5 reply's down, an odd inquiry byAdobe Tech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines