Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR edit in PS imports back to LR in wrong color space

Participant ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having a problem on both of my computers all of the sudden where when I open a file in PS directly from LR and then save it back into LR, it is converting that files' color space into srgb intstead of saving it in Profoto.  I was able to make some adjustments in preferences and it's now saving in Profoto color space but still looks terrible in LR.  The colors are completely dulled.  I'm not sure what's going on.  Please let me know if I haven't explained myself properly.  I did recently update my CC adobe apps with the most recent update, as well as my mac.

Thank you,

Mac OS 12.5.1

LR 11.5

PS 23.5.0

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you send the image to Photoshop, use 'Metadata - Save Metadata to File'. This is a known issue, although I thought it was fixed already.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That older bug should be fixed in those versions, are you sure that's current? 

The bug also didn't tag the images which is why your ProPhoto RGB images may look awful. Use Assign Profile in Photoshop to fix them. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above is my version of ps and lr.  Aren't these the most current?  My Creative Cloud says this is the most current update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was looking for the original bug report (but could not find it), because I now think you needed to reset the Photoshop preferences to fix it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines