• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR high CPU usage

Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I noticed a high CPU consumption by LR classic, between 58 and 60%.

If I look up what LR is doing, I find that it goes through all the photos that are stored on my hard drive.

It's been going on for hours now. If I close and restart LR, without doing anything else, the process is restarted and continues to explore the directories where my photos are stored.

I do not understand the origin of this treatment.

How can this treatment be stopped?

My environment: windows 10, LR classic version: 11.3.1, camera raw: 14.3 In advance, thank you for your help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check in the upper left hand corner under the name plate. Is LrC doing face or address lookup? That could be the reason for the activity.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo!

The search for addresses indicating the detection of faces was in progress.
I put all of that in step.
But how to deactivate them? To prevent it from happening again.
Anyway, thanks for solving the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@bernardc39378257  If you paused them, they will stay paused until you reactivate them. So, if paused, you are good for ever.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines