• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Issues

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friends! I'm having issues in LR Classic Desktop. First thing I noticed is that when I pull an image from LR to photoshop, it is pulling without my edits. Not sure how to fix this. The second issue is that I'm a private photo editor. I've been sending and receiving LR catalogs for editing for years and never had an issue. All of a sudden, when I receive a LR catalog with smart previews from an editing client, their edits are resetting. I'm not resetting them. They are automatically resetting. I've done everything I can think of and still, I'm unable to edit this photographers work for them. I will say my associate and I exchange catalogs all the time so I'm wondering if it's on my end or the other photographers end. Very frustrating and could use some help.Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues in LR Classic Desktop. First thing I noticed is that when I pull an image from LR to photoshop, it is pulling without my edits

If you view the image at 100% in both Lightroom and Photoshop, do you then see the edits?

Edits like sharpening and noise reduction must be viewed (and applied) at 100%.

How are you sending the image to Photoshop?

Do you use the Edit in Photoshop command, or do you export, and then open in Photoshop?

And what kind of image is the original, a raw file, or something else?

As for your other issue, I have no experience with smart previews, so I can't help you with that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The edits are resetting. As soon as I click on the image to edit, it resets. So bizarre. For PS, the app is pulling the images with out the edits into PS. Normally, it would ask me if I want to keep edits and I always click yes. It hasn't asked me this in a while. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start by resetting the preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, I'm unable to reset. I'm using Creative Cloud LR - Lightroom Classic. I would hold down option and shift while clicking on app and I never got the pop up for resetting preferences. I just uninstalled and reinstalled LR. Hopeful that this helps my situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall does not zap the preferences. The link I gave you also describes a way to manually delete them, if I am not mistaken.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my reinstall, I'm still experiencing this issue 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling will not reset the preferences.

Alt+Shift seems not be working anymore, so delete the preferences file manually, as described in the article Johan linked to.

For PS, the app is pulling the images with out the edits into PS. Normally, it would ask me if I want to keep edits and I always click yes.

I have to ask you again: Did you view the image at 100% in both Lightroom and Photoshop?

You didn't answer what kind of file this, but if it is a raw file, you don't get the dialog with three options. (Edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments, Edit a copy, Edit original)

Raw files will open silently in Photoshop's Camera Raw plugin, where Lightroom edits are applied, and then open in Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link.

Troubleshoot GPU issues | Lightroom Classic (adobe.com)

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

If resetting the preferences with the key combination doesn't work please try the alternate steps the described in the linked document.

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment.

Which operating system do you use?

Which version of Lightroom do you use?

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "recent", "latest" and so on.

Do you get an error message? If yes, please post the exact message or an screenshot. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. It appears that creative profiles with lookup tables are not applied correctly when using the Edit in Photoshop command. When applying a preset with such a profile in LR, settings such as exposure etc are applied when opening in Photoshop but the actual profile is not - see attached screenshots I am using MacOS 11.4, LR Classic v.10.3, Camera Raw v.13.3, PS  v.22.4.2 (i.e. all up to date). However, this did not work before i upgraded to MacOS Big Sur and before I updated to the latest verions of LR and PS. This happens on all creative presets. 

Please help as this has severely disrupted my workflow. Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit... this happens on all creative presets with lookup tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug. A work around is to use 'Save Metadata to File' before you send the photo to Photoshop.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have seen others write about this, but when will this bug be fixed? It has been quite some time now. Why should we have to keep using a work around, esp as I would have to keep saving the metadata everytime i made a change to the raw file and needed to reopen it in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know when it will be fixed. This is a user-to-user forum. We are all Lightroom users, none of us works for Adobe.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-editing-raw-file-in...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Desktop Mac Mojave Version 10.14.6. My LR is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic Version 10.3 Release and Camera Raw 13.3. 

I have not reset my LR settings and will have to do this manually. I'm going to do that now as I'm still experiencing the issue. Here is what is happening so someone can help me a little better with my situation before I go messing with LR resetting etc. I'll be honest. I'm nervous to go messing with stuff. 

This LR catalog was sent to me by another photographer. She imports her raws, edits select images and flags them. Once she's done editing a few select images, she goes to edit > select all. Then File > export at catalog. She zips and dropboxes the zipped catalog to me. I download, open and start editing. 

However, her edits are resettting in LR once I click on thumbnail. You can see her edits below. Also noticed today that one of her presets will not load into my LR. Another preset she sent me is a black and white preset. This also does not work - I click on it to use it on an image and it's color which is really weird. It's a black and white preset....I'm wondering if my LR is not seeing her edits because it doesn't see her Preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is what happens when I click on the thumbnail. Image edits she made are reset...BUT in the history panel - all edits she made are present. â€ƒâ€ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines