• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR just changed my external edit color profile with no input from me.

Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered that my LR program had changed my external edit color space from AdobeRGB1998 to Pro photo RGB. It has done this without any updates or changes by me.

I discovered this after exporting into PS and then saving back into LR. The image color was coming back drastically different.

Anybody else expereinced this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Adobe did reset the raw conversion profile too in Photoshop. In the raw converter opening a file was changed to the their newest profile instead of AdobeRGB. And changed it from 8 bits to 16 bits. Very strange behavior. Thank you for reporting this. Have to check and change my settings too, I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your preferences got reset, so these settings went back to the defaults. The Photoshop update may have caused this. This should not lead to differences in color however, provided you use correct color management.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are the images before and after exporting. 

I've noticed they're still not right so I'll need to remember what my setting were.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see any difference like this something is drastically wrong in the color management on your machine. You should not be able to see any difference in color between these two color spaces if you don't strip the color profile at some point. I would guess in this case that Photoshop is somehow set up to not respect embedded profiles which is not a good thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah just checked and the color in the image is identical if you assign prophotoRGB to it. Clearly something in your workflow is stripping the profile which should never happen in a normal workflow as you have to work hard to get that to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. 

I've gone back through my colour profiles on both programs and assigned the same profile accross the board as it was previously before something changed.

Just curious how one or both programs changed the profiles without input from me and without any updates.

I guess, as mentioned by Johan, there was a default reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should not have mattered though. If Lightroom and Photoshop are setup correctly you should never have even noticed the default profile in Lightroom changed as the color should not change. Something in your workflow is stripping the profile of your images and that is not what you ever want to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines