• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR lists external hard drive in folders but not the sub folders

New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a PC Windows11, user on LRClassic V.12.

LR is periodically not able to find the folders on my external hard drive. This appears to occur after I conduct a backup to a seperate hard drive. I do eventually fix it after some time, however I can't recall how - next time I'll certainly take notes. When I 'show in explorer' I can direct it to the drive and folders, but am unable to click on anything.

This snip from LR shows my hard drive, but the folders are not complete or the actual ones on that hard drive. They are the result of uploading a catalogue in a last ditch attempt to find my images. 

Kaye29799041jmmd_0-1683629528944.png

Below is a snip from windoews explorer indicating the hierarchy on this hard drive and the directory I should be able to open is highlighted.

Kaye29799041jmmd_1-1683629598987.png

[moved from bugs to discussions - Mod]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware that the folder panel only shows folders that contain photos you have imported?

It is not an "Explorer" like you know it from Windows Explorer.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... in addition, you need to click the triangle on the left of the folder to open the subfolders.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the triangle to open the folders, they are not the folders they should be.
I have previously imported all of the photos into folders that are showing in the Explorer snip. When LR recognises the drive correctly, as it has done for the 4 years I’ve been using LR, the folders have been there.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean that you are missing the 2014 - 2017 folders in Lightroom, then the answer is simple. You haven't imported any of the photos in these folders yet. If you mean you are missing the 'Kaye Photos' parent folder, then right-click on one of the year folders and choose 'Show Parent Folder'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have re-opened LR and now the only folders showing are 2 that I created since this occurrence of the problem. I have been using LR for 4 years and have only recently started having this problem.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines