Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR lrcat seems odd

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if my lightroom catalog is accurate. Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v10.lrcat

Also pop ups claiming my catalog is too new.

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" catalog is too new." would normally indicate you are trying to open the v10 catalog {Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v10.lrcat} with an 'older' version of Lightroom.

Post a screen-clip of the report from the MENU: Help > System Info... (Use the 'landscape' icon above your post to "Insert Photos")

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WobertC,

First I'll share from my Picture folder:

Lightroom Catalog-2-2.lrcat

Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v10.lrcat

When I'm using LR, and backup, it uses the second lrcat, with v10.

When I followed your instrutions MENU:Help> System Info.

A box opened "Error"  LoadLibrary failed with error 126: The specified module could not be found.

I couldn't copy (I did take a photo)  Blue circle and it shut down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Catalog-2-2.lrcat is your 'old' saved copy of the catalog used by Lightroom-Classic Versions 9. (Only to be opened again in an emergency!)

Lightroom Catalog-2-2-v10.lrcat is you 'new' upgraded catalog modified to work with LrC v10. With Version 10.1.1 installed you should only be using this 'new' catalog.

You must confirm you are, in fact, operating v10 of Lightroom. (The reason I asked for 'System Info... from the main menu.)

The error messages may suggest an install problem, with 'help' here-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/error-changing-modules-lightroom.html

And a reset of the Preferences file may be warrented- Preferences Reset 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WobertC,

I'm so sorry, I missed your post when you sent it. I did finally realize that the Catalog-2-2.lrcat was the old copy, and removed it from my "Pictures" list.  

Thank you for the detailed link for me to solve the problem of error 126. In Library, when a video is selected  Lightroom crashes. I found if I work in  Develop, I have no fear of crashes, since video doesn't work in Develop.

Thank you for your help WobertC, I so appreciate your responding to my questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines