• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Missing Files

Participant ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen this error before. I know where the files live. I understand when they are missing  you have to go re locate them. I renamed the folder inside LR so should be good, but now they are missing and I get this error when I try to re locate them. Don't know how to fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you trying to relocate them?? 

Something has become disconnected somehow.

I suggest you try right clicking the folder in the Folder Panel which I guees shows a ? and use Update Folder Location...

Please show more in your screen shot such as the Folders Panel.

Also which OS and Lightroom version please. Moer information is very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm clicking on the square in the top right corner and it brings up the same relocate dialog box as if I would right click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files show they are in the main SBlueJays folder but I would like them in the SBlueJaysOriginals folder, they won't move. It says they are missing, and I don't know why. I did rename the folder, it was done inside LR....I'm on OS BigSur 10.3.1 And LR is 10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I just found out anytime I rename a folder things get disconnected and it doesn't allow me to reconnect. I am changing the name and manipulating everything inside LR so it should work. Maybe a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have (accidentally?) imported the file twice into Lightroom Classic, and you can't associate it with two images. If you do a search in Lightroom Classic for this file by file name, you will find two copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are not 2 copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then we need to resolve why Lightroom Classic thinks there are two copies (that's the first error message) and why you think there are only one copy. Why do you think there is only one copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR knows the difference between missing files and files in missing folders.

You need to fix the missing folders (Folders panel) before attempting to fix the individual missing files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines