• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR needs to close. Error 205

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never had a problem with LRC until now.  Get the message Lightroom has encountered a problem and needs to close.  Contact customer support error code 205.  I have tried reboot the Mac and in and reinstall but still get the message.  Help please.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Hi, i actually managed to contact Tech Support on Monday.  I eventually found a Chat on the Adobe website and asked for a support phone number in the UK and was offered 020 7365 0735. That number is Adobe Support UK and after choosing the options I was transferred to the global support centre in India.  The first Agent tried everything I had already tried as suggested by the Cummunity...like sign in and sign out of ACC, reboot, unistall and reinstall LRC, and so on.  Nothing worked.  After 1 hou

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you contact customer support like it says?

Here are some things you can try:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your suggestions, but none worked.  I still get the message.  Contact customer support just leads be to a list of tips ...how to I contact a real support person?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Tried these but still get the message.  Also uninstalled LRC and re installed, signed out of CC and signed back in.  Each time rebooted the Mac.  problem persists.  How to contact a real support person?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am still getting the message Lightroom Classic has encountered a problem and needs to close, contact customer support code 205. I have tried uninstall and then reinstall, also sign in and sign out of ACC, reboot...all combinations, but still get the same message. Can anyone please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i actually managed to contact Tech Support on Monday.  I eventually found a Chat on the Adobe website and asked for a support phone number in the UK and was offered 020 7365 0735. That number is Adobe Support UK and after choosing the options I was transferred to the global support centre in India.  The first Agent tried everything I had already tried as suggested by the Cummunity...like sign in and sign out of ACC, reboot, unistall and reinstall LRC, and so on.  Nothing worked.  After 1 hour the Agent said he would esclate the problem, gave me a Case Number, and said a more experienced Agent would phone me.  We agreed a time for the next day, the Agent said it had to be a 3 hour time slot so we agreed 2pm to 5pm UK time.  But the confirmation email showed the wrong times and wrong time zone, so I called back and rearranged and asked for an Agent who could speak clear English as the firts guy was difficult to understand.  About an hour into the time slot and Agent called and explained he had worked on LR for 6 years so was an expert.  He tried many things, but nothing worked.  Then he asked if there was another user on the computer who did not use LRC.  My wife is the other user and does not use any Adobe programmes.  So he asked me to install LRC on her account...and it worked fine, we tested a few images and develope etc to be sure.  The Agent said "There is nothing wrong with LRC, it's a problem with your iMac, so you need to contact Apple."  So I contacted Apple and the support experience was much better...instant call back, 15 minutes with an initial Agent in Cork, then immediately to an expert who said that it's not quite true to say There is nothing wrong with LRC, it's a problem with your iMac... the fact is that some glitch has occurred between LRC and your machine and it could just be something we will never be able to pin down, but dont worry we will find a solution.  He guided me through a huge amount of clearing out of caches and so on, but nothing worked.  His final suggestion was to reinstall the Mac Operating System which would take several hours.  If it worked, fine, but if not he said just contact Apple agin with teh case number and we will apply the "nuclear option".  Unfortunately reinsatlling the Operating System didn't help. So next day, another Apple Expert picked up the case and immediately said he could see what we had tried already and he would apply the nuclear option...which was to set me up as a new user with a new account, insatll LRC, check it worked, check PS and other ACC programmes and then to copy all my data, files, history, over to my new user account.  It was 1 TB in total and as I have a 2TB machine there was just enough space, otherwise an external drive would have been needed.  When everything settles and seems OK I can delete my original account and associated files and data and then have a machine with 1TB used and the rest available.  However, the first Adobe Agent had tried loading an old catalogue and my current catalogue seemed to have disappeared so I thought I would need to go back to Adobe for help...but when I mentioned this to the Apple Agent he said, no problem, I fix so many things with Adobe that I can find it and bring it in for you...which he did.  So, marks out of 10... Adobe Support 6/10 with points lost due to difficulty to contact and a 3 hour time window for call back...Apple Support 10/10.  I hope this story helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines