• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR not fully functioning on my MacBook

Participant ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only two machines: an iMac and a 12" MacBook.  When I access my LR 6 app on the MacBook, I get a prompt that says "The serial number is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another computer within 29 days to use this product."

I get no such prompt when I use my iMac.

Two computers is the maximum allowed?  Hard to believe.  Can anyone help me with this.  I certainly don't want to deactivate my iMac, which is where I do most of my work.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Thanks one and all for your email replies and suggestions.  As it turns out, I finally had to call Adobe Customer Service in order to remedy my problem.  The service rep was allowed access to remotely control my laptop (one of two Macs that I work from) and discovered a serial number problem.  The whole conversation with her took about 45 minutes, but it was time well spent.  My Macbook and my iMac both now have fully operational versions of Lightroom.  Thanks again.

- Steve   

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like some time in the past you had installed Lr6 on another computer. You can deactivate that computer by signing into your Adobe account. This article might help. https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theresa: thanks.  I don't see where in my Adobe Account I can deactivate a computer.  Can you provide a direct link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't provide a direct link. Since Adobe moved everything to creative cloud subscriptions I don't know what that link is anymore. If you were able to access your account it should list any software that you registered under that account. From there you should get access to a list of the computers activated for the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See item 'If you purchased from Adobe.com or registered your product' at this link https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html  If you registered your copy of Lightroom, then the serial number should be accessible from the linked page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have two activations per licence so as Theresa says, it is possible you have two other machines also logged into that one accont/subscrption? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks one and all for your email replies and suggestions.  As it turns out, I finally had to call Adobe Customer Service in order to remedy my problem.  The service rep was allowed access to remotely control my laptop (one of two Macs that I work from) and discovered a serial number problem.  The whole conversation with her took about 45 minutes, but it was time well spent.  My Macbook and my iMac both now have fully operational versions of Lightroom.  Thanks again.

- Steve   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines