Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR not seeing pics to select for import

Participant ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using subscription ver 6.1.4

I will admit I find the Library in LR confusing at best.

Normally it’s ‘can’t locate image’ issue, this one is different.

Today I opened LR …. Used Library to go to folder I wanted to look at ….. folder is there and so are 17 pictures that should be there ….. however in the ‘actual folder’ on my HDD there are 20 pictures …. 3 of them are not shown in LR

I tried ‘import’  but it does not show any files to import from that folder.

How can I ‘force it’ to take on these extra 3 images.

These are valid images, open fine if I click on them on HDD, so it’s a LR Library issue.

They were all taken at same time on same camers, and same file format.
<edit>    In Library view I checked on 'All'  (was on 'New')  and it does show the 3 pictures missing, but when I click on them I get message "This appears to be a duplicate of another photo already in the catalog"

What is best way to resolve 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using subscription ver 6.1.4

There is no such subscription version. Please check to find the correct version number, and confirm that you have a subscription.

Today I opened LR …. Used Library to go to folder I wanted to look at ….. folder is there and so are 17 pictures that should be there ….. however in the ‘actual folder’ on my HDD there are 20 pictures …. 3 of them are not shown in LR

I tried ‘import’  but it does not show any files to import from that folder.

How can I ‘force it’ to take on these extra 3 images.

Lightroom is not a file browser like Windows Explorer. It does not have to show all of the photos that your operating system sees in that folder. Lightroom only knows about the photos that have been imported. 

When you can't import photos, it is almost always because the photo has been already imported into Lightroom, and since you don't see it in that folder in Lightroom, you have accidentally imported it into another folder. You need to do a search in Lightroom for these photos. Please follow ALL FOUR of these steps in Lightroom, in order, and let us know if this finds the photos.

1. Click on All Photographs
  2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
  3. Expland all stacks (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
  4. using the Lr filter bar, search for one of these photos by file name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines