• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR on iPad "All Photos"

Participant ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i'm confused.  I am using LR on an iPad pro, I use LR classic on my mac. 

Is the "All Photos" in LR ipad the same as "all photos" on the ipad's apple photo app.  If they are not the same, then is that "all photos" only the photos I have imported into LR mobile?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Photos on the iPad is all synced photos.

All Photos in LrC classic are not necessary synced to the Adobe Cloud Storage to be available to the ecosystem applications, Lightroom cloud based application and Lr mobile for smartphone and tablets.

My iPad shows 8,279 images in all photos see the screen capture from my iMac.

Screenshot 2021-08-10 at 7.48.13 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a difference because the two systems don’t overlap.

In the Apple Photos app, “All Photos” means all photos stored locally on that iPhone/iPad; and I think that can also include photos synced among your Apple devices using iCloud, if you have Photos sync turned on in iCloud.

In the Lightroom app, “All Photos” means all photos stored in Lightroom locally (but not Apple Photos), plus all photos synced through Lightroom Photos on Creative Cloud, which can include photos in Lightroom Classic enabled for syncing to Creative Cloud. It will not include Lightroom Classic photos that are not enabled for syncing.

The only time the two sets might look like they overlap is if you set the Lightroom app to automatically import photos taken by the device camera. When that option is on, the camera saves the photo to Apple Photos as it usually does, but Lightroom would then also make its own copy, and upload it through Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for both answers guys.

That pretty much answers my question.  I don't have LR auto import photos taken by device am set to ON.  So it seems somewhere in the initial setup of LR mobile workflow to LR classic on my mac, I somehow managed to import photos I did not want to import into LR ipad.   These were basically already completed photos that were in a folder in the apple photos app.

Slowly figuring this out one baby step at a time.

tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines