LR Original files

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have migrated from LR CC to Lightroom Classic. I made the mistake of leaving sync on in Classic. Now I only have smart previews with original 'not found'. Is there any way of retrieving them. When Inused the downloader, it only download smart previews

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have migrated from LR CC to Lightroom Classic.

Are you sure? The term "Migrate" is used to move to the Cloud:    Lr-Classic > Lightroom.

Which way are you going?

I made the mistake of leaving sync on in Classic.

It would not be a "mistake" as Lr-Classic will automatically download all Cloud files to a local drive when Sync is turned on.

Now I only have smart previews with original 'not found'

And where do you see this message?  In Lightroom? On which dev ice?

When I used the downloader, it only download smart previews.

How do you know this? And which "downloader" are you referring to?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.4.1 Photoshop 23.4.1, ACR 14.4.2, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.2, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going from LR CC to Lightroom Classic. When I open Lightroom classic all of my photos are in ' Collections'. When I open a photo and try to edit a photo in photoshop, PS is greyed out. On the info panel under file size it says 'File not found'. No where on any of my drives have the files downloaded. I used the Adobe Downloader

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest updates in the adobe photo plan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote “latest updates”, please indicate the version number like LrC 11.1.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.8,; LrC 11.4.1, Lr 5.4.1, Ps 23.3.2-ACR 14.4,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@georgeh14503357 wrote:

I have migrated from LR CC to Lightroom Classic. I made the mistake of leaving sync on in Classic. Now I only have smart previews with original 'not found'. Is there any way of retrieving them. When Inused the downloader, it only download smart previews

How did the images get into Lightroom CC in the first place? Did you sync them up from Lightroom Classic and now you want to get them down into Lightroom Classic again? If there are only smart previews online, that usually means that those images were once synced up by Lightroom Classic. Lightroom CC stores the originals in the cloud.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines