• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Print clear duplicates in icc profile popup window

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using MacOS Big Sur and Lightroom Classic - When I want to add an additional paper icc profile, I accidentally imported the batch instead of just the new one.  I managed to delete the duplicates in my Library/ColorSyn folder but the duplicates still appear on the Popup as (2) AND I cannot see the new one added even though when I double check the ColorSyn folder it's there.

How can I delete those (2)s showing on the list?

Why is the new ones added not showing up?  Is there a limit to the list so the new ones will not be accepted because of the (2)s ?  

Help appreciated

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That list is generated based on the profiles in various locations on your HD. You need to click the check box for them to show outside that list. If you don't want them at all, you'll have to find and remove them. There are various locations on the Mac where they can reside, try using the ColorSync Utility, it lists them and where on the drive they rside.  If they still show up after they are removed, try resetting your preferences, that might clear up the list: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the new installed icc which I installed and found in the ColorSync/Profile finder was not showing on outside that list, so no checkbox to click to get it showing in Soft Proof and Printing.

I reset the preference setting as per Method 1 noted on the link you provided, the (2)s are still showing but the newly added one is not.

But, as those that were duplicated on the "others" list in the pop up box in LR were actually in the ColorSync/Profile only once ... you mean I should clear out all and install them back again?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the new installed icc which I installed and found in the ColorSync/Profile finder was not showing on outside that list, so no checkbox to click to get it showing in Soft

I don't know what you mean by "ColorSync/Profile finder".

Yes, one problem is, the ColorSync utility is buggy and needs to be fixed. It used to show this, about two, three major OSs ago. Is that what you're referring to?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very much a layman, maybe looking at the attachment of two screen boxes I'm referring to better explains what I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possible problem with the two screen captures is that LR shows all detected ICC profiles for RGB. But not all profiles are found in the one folder you show. Another issue is, ICC profiles have two areas where they are named: one is the Finder which you show. But there is an internal name and that is what the software will show. The two names (internal and Finder) should be in sync, the same but that isn't always the case.

Worse, some printer companies store the profiles in a package, hidden from view in differing parts of the OS.

So, you're sure at least in the first location (/Users/thedigitaldog/Library/ColorSync/Profiles) all the profiles you don't want are gone? You say you 'imported' profiles; from where and how did they get installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, autocorrect problem - it should be folder not finder.

Yes, I am sure all the icc profile I want is there in (/Users/UserName/Library/ColorSync/Profiles) folder (and as I mentioned there were no duplicates in that folder, so...) there aren't any I don't want and has to be removed.

Importing icc files:  Download from paper manufactor > Unzip > Copy .icc file > Paste .icc file into (/Users/UserName/Library/ColorSync/Profiles) > close LR > Open LR > check the profile popup window > duplicates still there, new ones not

And, as I mentioned and you noted a couple missing (those were the new additions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the main folder too?

HD~/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

This isn't a user library.

If not there, (and they still show up in LR), did you reset preferences? If you shut down and restart, any better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the main folder too?  YES it's in both Main and User libraries

If not there, (and they still show up in LR), did you reset preferences? YES

If you shut down and restart, any better? NO

So, the query that remains and yet to be looked into: How to delete the apparent duplicates in the LR profile pop up box?  (2) Could that be the reason the last added on icc profile got overthrown and therefore not available?

Hopefully, by finding solution to (1), we can eliminate (2) as probable cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may simply need to:

Accept the duplicates and just add the ones to the list you wish to use outside this dialog (which show in the dropdown).

Uninstall LR and reinstall it.

Hope an engineer from Adobe can tell us how the box populates the profile list and how, if possible, it can be rebuilt.

"YES it's in both Main and User libraries"

To be clear: you only see one set of profiles in one or the other location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remained unresolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines