LR "freezing" after editing just a few photos

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Version 11.5

macOS Monterey 1.6 (just updated a few days ago)

When editing in the Develop module, I can quickly edit anywhere from 3-8 images before LR freezes (see screenshot). I can't switch between modules (error message pops up) and I have to shut down LR and reopen it to continue editing. I tried turning off the graphics processor and this has not helped. 

My catalog has less than 7,000 photos in it and there is plenty of storage on the drive my catalog is stored on. I also just downloaded the "batch.ai" plug-in a couple days ago and have only used it on one folder of 400 images in the catalog. I'm not sure if that could be related to this issue, if my macOS update could be a cause, or if it's just a simple bug within LR. Any insight would be appreciated!

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 2.29.24 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to try is to reset your preference file. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, do try resetting preferences. But are you sure this is frozen or is it a total lack of previews? If the reset doesn't work, disable GPU in preferences, better? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turn the GPU acceleration OFF (Preferences->Performance Tab->Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor"). Import those photos, do your normal edit but no brushing, no spot healing, and no radial filters.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines