Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR slow down after wiping mac clean

Participant ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I wiped both my imac and Macbook Pro clean and reinstalled LR and PS.  I have found both apps much slower since, especially on the laptop.  I seem to remember in the past an Adobe person helping me adjust the amount of power these two applications use on my computer to be able to use more.  Is this a thing?  Would this help?

I've already optimized catalog.  Any other suggestions?  It just seems slow to render and even the clone/heal updating doesn't happen real time so you can put it in the right place.

Thanks!

Ventura 13.3.1

LR 12.3

PS 24.4.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this is weird.  Some things esp for LR didn't work for me.  IE. In LR settings under file handling, there was no option for camera raw cache.  And actually I found the windows in settings getting 'stuck' a bit.  What's up with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's because it's under the Performance tab. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines