• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr vs LrC face recognition

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last I used LrC (classic), Lr (cloud) face recognition was far superior. Has LrC face recognition improved over the last few years, or is it still not too good? I'm planning on migrating back from Lr to LrC, but would like to keep the Lr people grouping. I'm thinking of batch populating the name into one of the metadata fields that get migrated, like 'title' or 'caption', then reapplying names in LrC, or just use searches on the metadata field I use.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Before staring the migration process make sure you are using the updated version of Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop. Please check this link and see if that helps: https://mastering-lightroom.com/migrate-lightroom-classic/

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips and the link. I'd still like to know if face recognition has been improved in classic, sparing me having to bring current Lr names to classic via metadata. I may do it anyway for some people (family members) just to be safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually there's a flaw with batching adding 'title' or 'caption' for names, since one phone can have multiple people in it. Using albums makes more sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines