• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR was unable to prepare the selected file

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the lastest update for LR Classic V9.2.1 Windows version, I am unable to use any plugin's. PS, Affinity, Nik, Topaz ...all give me this error "Lightroom was unable to prepare the selected file at..It will not be opened. All plugins were working prior to update.

How do I fix this error?

Thanks

Cindy

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

It was an issue with the external drive. Copied files from bad drive to new WD External drive, renamed drive letter to same as the old, opened LR and pointed catalog file to new location --- opened a photo > right click > Edit in > Dfine....WORKED, tested again usin Affinity photo and a different file...worked fine that time.

So the issue was with the external drive and nothing to do with LR or the external editors. Thanks everyone for helping and pointing me in the right direction to figure it

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem right now and something told me to check the drive and it is FULL.  So check to see if the external drive you're working off of is close to being full or not because when I want to edit it creates a duplicate file which it's looking for space to put that file at. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue. My 4TB drive was filled to the max with files so i took about 100 gig off and viola, no error.   That simple.

Make sure your harddrive is not MAXED out on drive space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines