• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR won't open with preferred catalog as "open in another program"

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a couple of weeks of not using LrC and having backed up each and every time I used it, I got the message that my catalog could not be used, as it was open in another program. Well, it wasn'; there were no other programs open on my desktop. I have resorted to combining an ancient catalog  with my latest backup. It is taking forever. 

Why would it not open the catalog that I wanted? Does it have anything to do with a conflict with Lightroom Mobile perhaps? If it says that in the future, what is the cure?

Thanks in advance....martha m.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

I just found this answer from another ACP in this forum:

Using the Windows File explorer or Mac Finder, go to the folder that contains your Lightroom catalog, and delete the file that ends with .lock. Do not delete anything else.

The lock file prevents other users from accessing the catalog, but is normally deleted when you close Lightroom. If Lightroom crashes on exit, has to be force quit, or there is a power failure,  it may not be deleted, which will produce the error message you received.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try restarting your computer and the launching LR by opening the catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!!  I'll delete that file now!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this answer from another ACP in this forum:

Using the Windows File explorer or Mac Finder, go to the folder that contains your Lightroom catalog, and delete the file that ends with .lock. Do not delete anything else.

The lock file prevents other users from accessing the catalog, but is normally deleted when you close Lightroom. If Lightroom crashes on exit, has to be force quit, or there is a power failure,  it may not be deleted, which will produce the error message you received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I saw the file and was wondering. Thanks for the clear instructions!  It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hooray! Glad it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines