• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR11 Import ... all images are showing as duplicates

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since LR11 came out, I am having issues with importing images from SD cards.  Was in the public beta for macSO 12.0.1 Monterey and had no issues at all with this problem in LR10.4, so it seems likely to be a LR11 issue.  (M1 Macbok Air w/16GB RAM, SD card is located on an external doc.  No HW changes in the past year ... and this issue only started when I installed LRC 11.)

Attached is an example of what shows up on an old SD card when inserted.  You can clearly see that there are two of each image with the same filename.  (And I did verify that when I use Finder, there is only one of each image on the card.)

Ken

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change your source from Devices to the preferred Files. See if that helps.

No, not a solution, possible workaround, possible diagnostic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree ... changing the source does seem to workaround the problem (no duplicates shown) - but I never did that before and had no issues with duplicates prior to 11.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen capture shows that you do not have "do not import suspected duplicates" selected.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are actually no duplicate files on the SD card.  When I select the card as DEVICE it shows two copies of each image with the sequential numbers duplicated as well, as shown in the screen shot.  Having the "do not import ..." checked makes no difference - there are still two thumnails for each image/number.

As noted above, when I selct the file location, the duplicates are not shown.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines