• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 Keeps De-Activating

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help as I am getting very frustrated.  I own Adobe Lightroom 6 for many years but lately it keeps de-activating itself.  Why?!?!?!?  It has worked flawlessly for years and have no intention of going to a paid monthly plan.  If there is another option I am all ears.  Please help.

Thank you,

John

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version number of Lightroom 6 are you using? For my frame of reference, what do you mean that it keeps deactivating? I never used Lightroom 6. You must realize there is no support from Adobe for that version anymore. It is ancient, unsupported, no longer being updated in any fashion. As operating systems evolve, I suspect Lightroom 6 will eventually become unusable. If you resist subscribing to the current version I suspect it will be necessary for you to find alternative software eventually. But that is your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom 6.14 and it runs fine on windows 10 and I suspect it will run just fine on windows 11 also but have no intention of upgrading to windows 11 and have no desire for a pay per month Adobe plan!!  I purchased this software and for as long as it suits my purposes I should be able to use it without being harassed to keep activating on the same computer it has been installed on for years!!!  Is this adobe's way of trying to force people to be so aggravated that they submit and upgrade to a pay plan?!?!?  All I am asking is to be able to continue to use the software I have paid for without it constantly asking me to put in my serial number or operate in trial mode.  I am not asking much.

Thank you,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you perhaps install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App?

No, not recommending that, in fact do not do that if you do not subscribe to a Adobe Plan.

Asking because I sort of recall some v6 users having similar issue after doing so, Could effect solution.

Do not be surprised if the above gets shot down by other members. A bit of a hunch.

Also, and it has been a very long time since working with v6, but if I remember correctly, registering v6 at Adobe was optional, if you did, then at Adobe.com you may see your v6 status as to activations, etc. Are the listed activations appropriate to your computers? (ughh, just checked, Adobe has modified the site again, different logic as to where to look, when signed in, look at menu line up top, select Plans and Payment, notice options)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has it ever been activated to work longer than the 7-day trial period?

Are you seeing any Error messages? eg. Exceeded Activation limit.

FYI- A link to a long thread on Activation issues-

Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom

And a follow-up post-

Lightroom 6 - serial number maximum allowed co...

Lightroom 6 End of Support

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines