LR6 upgrade to Photography plan

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello... 2 Questions please… When upgrading from LR6 standalone product to the latest Lightroom photography plan, will I lose all the registry/directory edits, or is it a smooth transition? Also, I didn’t expect LR6 product to last only a few years. Is there any renumeration during the upgrade, from having already purchased the LR6 perpetual program? 

My MacBook died and had to upgrade to the M1. I don’t particularly want to do the LR upgrade and pay a monthly fee on top of the original cost, but it seems my old version of LR6 doesn’t feature an upgrade button anymore, which is sad. 

Feeling slightly ripped off...
Can anyone help here please?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggested 'upgrade'  from LR6 is LIGHTROOM-CLASSIC in the PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (20GB)

You do not get an upgrade to v6 in the Lightroom Plan!!

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

"A smooth transition"- Yes, if done correctly. Install Lightroom-CLASSIC from the Creative Cloud Desktop App (that controls your subscription plan). Then allow v11, when it starts, to upgrade you v6 Catalog. Done.

You are not "ripped off"- your 'brand spanking new' Mac has a new MacOS that will not run old software! (Specifically the MacOS cannot run 32bit installers for 'old' apps.) Blame Apple for the Rip off.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.4.1 Photoshop 23.4.1, ACR 14.4.2, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.2, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use the Apple Migration Assistant to migrate from your old Mac to the new M1 Mac then you should find that LR6 may continue to work. That's because it's only the LR installer that is 32-bit, the app itself is 64-bit....so migrating the app, rather than trying to install the app on the new system, may allow you to continue to use LR6 (though you'd never be able to re-install it if that was ever needed).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines