• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 10.1 Edit in Photoshop 22.1 with Camera Raw 13.1 Not switching to Photoshop Window

LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Edit in PS in LrC 10.1 it doesn't automatically switch over to the PS window. The file is open in PS, but I have to manually select the PS window. I found that unchecking 'Auto Show the Home Screen' in PS Preferences fixes the issue. Is this normal behavior? Previously (prior to PS 10.x?) Edit in Photoshop always automatically switched over to Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

A PS Preferences file reset fixed the issue.

I have expereienced other unexplained issues in recent PS updates such as custom Keyboard Shortcuts being lost. Not sure why, but it appears to be a "normal" circumstance when "new features" are added during a PS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Todd - I just tested this. CMD+E the image opened right up in Photoshop. I have two monitors running... it did open in the second monitor while leaving Lr open in my primary (laptop) window. Also in Lr 10.1 but still on Catalina. Are you on  Big Sur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Todd, what I experience on my system is as follows, if PS has already been booted on my computer and I select a raw file and use edit in PS the file will be displayed in PS within a couple of seconds as Camera Raw renders the raw file. If PS is closed when I use edit in the option the process will take longer as PS first has to boot then use Camera Raw to render the raw data.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 Build 19041 Version 2004 using a single display. Perhaps it's just a Windows issue. Can someone on Windows 10 using a single display give it a try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A PS Preferences file reset fixed the issue.

I have expereienced other unexplained issues in recent PS updates such as custom Keyboard Shortcuts being lost. Not sure why, but it appears to be a "normal" circumstance when "new features" are added during a PS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd, 

I am on Mac OS Big Sur, version 11.2 and I am having the same problem with my LRC not giving me an option to edit an imge in PS 22.1.1 .

I  tried your suggestion by unchecking the Auto show the Home Screen but the problem persists.  

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks  Craig 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am on Mac OS Big Sur, version 11.2 and I am having the same problem with my LRC not giving me an option to edit an imge in PS 22.1.1 .

By @craigj88272061

That's a different issue. See the suggestions at the below post.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/edit-in-ps-2021-from-lr-classic-doesn-t-work/m-p/11...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, aujourd'hui la dernière version de LrC est la version 10.1.1, peut devriez-vous mettre à jours LrC, puis faire le reset des paramètres de démarrage ?

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yves, My apologies the LRC version I am working on is 10.1.1.

I have also reset the Startup settings and I am still having the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@craigj88272061Alors, désolé, je n'i rien de mieux à proposer ! Bonne chance.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines