• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 10.2 crashes on first Map access after Import, Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC exits and provides crash prompts if the Map module is accessed after an import. This seems to occur regardless of homw Map module is accessed and is 100% consistent. I am running on an iMac Pro (2017) with 64 GB of memory. The problem has been around through a number of updates and I am not seeing others complaining about it so it may be specific to my installation.

Any ideas on how to proceed would be appreciated. I would also like to know if I am not alone with this issue with the current Lightroom Classic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend that you continue discussion in the bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-crashes-upon-first-...

That will avoid splitting importing details between the two threads.  Adobe employee Rikk Flohr has already engaged in the bug report: "I am unable to replicate this behavior on 10.15.7 with Lightroom 10.  However, I was able to locate crash logs for Brett. I have asked the team to look into this."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reiterating what John Rellis said above. Please add problem details to the bug report at https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lrc-crashes-upon-first-access-to-map-.... I'm not sure they are used but it is most likely a good idea to send those crash dialogs in to Adobe when the crash occurs as well. Thanks All!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, just when I thought I had the problem cracked exactly the same problem happened when I added RAW files to my newly created catalogue, only for it to crash immediately I entered the Map module! So, following the steps outlined to me by Adobe Support yesterday, I created a new catalogue, imported the RAW files and went to Map module, only for it to crash again - in a brand new catalogue! 

So it seems as if that workaround isn't a workaround, or at least not for long! I shall be contacting Adobe again today to see if they have any more bright ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines