• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 10.2 does not recognize .heic files

Explorer ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed LrC 10.2 and it cannot read .heic files. On the other hand, I am able to see .heic files from Windows Explorer without problem.

Don't know if it might be related, all .heic files have been taken by a Samsung phone. I don't have other .heic files to double check.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... I have found the anwers and I can personally not believe it. Adobe does not support HEIC files from Android!!!

"Although modern camera devices provide the capability to capture HEIF/.heic photos and HEVC (H.265) videos, Lightroom and Camera raw support only HEIF/.heic files created with iOS devices.

• macOS - Lightroom Classic and Lightroom support HEIF/.heic files running on macOS High Sierra v10.13 or later.
  • Windows - Lightroom Classic and Lightroom support HEIF/.heic files running on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not helpful!
It's only a statement that adobee LR cannot handle HEIF other than created with iOS.
I need HEIF support for rowfiles from sony, and android smartphons.

Microsoft has done their job, windows can handle HEIF files.

Can adobee do it too!

MfG

Siegfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pablo23 wrote on 5/4/2021, "Adobe does not support HEIC files from Android!!!".  

Sometime since then, Adobe's policy changed, and LR now fully supports Android HEIC photos and HEVC video created by Android devices:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/heic-files-support.html

"Although modern camera devices provide the capability to capture HEIF/.heic photos and HEVC (H.265) videos, Lightroom and Camera raw support HEIF/.heic files created with iOS and Android devices."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please unmark this post as the correct answer:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lrc-10-2-does-not-recognize-heic-files/...

LR now supports Android devices.  People will get mislead by this thread otherwise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all
just some days ago I have updated to Win 11 and LrC V 11.3.1.

(Among CANON RAW files, IOS HEIC files) I am using also an Android Samsung S21, generating HEIC files very well.
Using the previous version of LrC and Win10, Android generated HEIC files by the S21 where read and converted and then exported excellent by LrC - everything worked fine !!!

Now, after upgrading to win 11 and LrC V 11.3.1, support of heic files is limited to IOS generated heic files only.

Even Photos, which (within the former system Configuration) have been imported correctly and optimized with LrC will now be changed and are unusble for an additional export.
This is destroying my work and absolutely not acceptable.

Why ? - What is the reason for Adobe ?
Windows support is excellent on Win10 and Win11 !
Why does Adobe stop the support of HEIC files generated by other OS like Android ?

Will there be an LrC-Update in future versions with reactivated support for at least Android generated HEIC files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"just some days ago I have updated to Win 11 and LrC V 11.3.1. ... Using the previous version of LrC and Win10, Android generated HEIC files by the S21 where read and converted and then exported excellent by LrC - everything worked fine !!!... Even Photos, which (within the former system Configuration) have been imported correctly and optimized with LrC will now be changed and are unusble for an additional export."

Camera Raw recently introduced a bug handling the colors of HEIC images generated by Android:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-incorrect-default-color-rendering-on-heic-files-ios...

That bug has already been fixed in LR mobile apps, and Adobe says, "Updates for Lightroom Classic, Lightroom Desktop and Camera Raw will be released to correct this issue in the next release."

If history is any guide, we may expect to see LR 11.4 in the next week or two.  While waiting for it, roll back to LR 11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for fast reply - I will wait for V 11.4. with the issue solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines