Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

LrC 10.2 does not recognize .heic files

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed LrC 10.2 and it cannot read .heic files. On the other hand, I am able to see .heic files from Windows Explorer without problem.

Don't know if it might be related, all .heic files have been taken by a Samsung phone. I don't have other .heic files to double check.

TOPICS
Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021
Ok... I have found the anwers and I can personally not believe it. Adobe does not support HEIC files from Android!!! "Although modern camera devices provide the capability to capture HEIF/.heic photos and HEVC (H.265) videos, Lightroom and Camera raw support only HEIF/.heic files created with iOS devices.macOS - Lightroom Classic and Lightroom support HEIF/.heic files running on macOS High Sierra v10.13 or later.Windows - Lightroom Classic and Lightroom support HEIF/.heic files running on Windo...

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... I have found the anwers and I can personally not believe it. Adobe does not support HEIC files from Android!!!

"Although modern camera devices provide the capability to capture HEIF/.heic photos and HEVC (H.265) videos, Lightroom and Camera raw support only HEIF/.heic files created with iOS devices.

• macOS - Lightroom Classic and Lightroom support HEIF/.heic files running on macOS High Sierra v10.13 or later.
  • Windows - Lightroom Classic and Lightroom support HEIF/.heic files running on Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines