• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LrC 11.1 crashing on exit OSX 12.1 MBP M1 Pro

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched from one MBP (M1) to another (M1 Pro). 

On the old one, LR worked fine

On the new one, I had many many problems with crashing on exit (=not saving my default catalog)

At first, I thought it was b/c I had switched from an account with admin rights to one without, but that didn't seem to be the issue.

What SEEMS to be happening is some kind of conflict arising because/when I have my iPhone plugged into the MBP.

This doesn't make much sense to me, but maybe it's a fix for you?

Since I unplugged it, I can export a web gallery (it wouldn't export before) and can exit the program without crashing.

I will leave a crash report here (and update) if if happens again.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Lightroom preferences:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and what would that do... besides force me to add my preferences back in again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davidz31467791 wrote:

...and what would that do... besides force me to add my preferences back in again?

It may fix your problem...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that's implied in your first comment. My question "what would that do?" is aimed at you telling me WHICH preferences are in the way? Otherwise, your advice is similar to "reboot" or "remove and reinstall". That may work, but I'd prefer a more "targeted" solution.

(But thanks for your effort. Both of you šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has one single preferences file, that is what @TheDigitalDog was referring to. This preference file is known to become corrupt sometimes, and can then cause all kinds of problems. But if you do not want to try to solve the problem, then don't take his advice. Otherwise see https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the clarification.

At the moment, it *seems* that clearing out a bunch of files from \Library\Logs\DiagnosticReports

But it also seems useful to reboot.

So I may need to clear prefs šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the preferences corrupted, you don't want to reuse it. That's why you reset it and hope it doesn't get corrupted again.

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines